You can export your Hexawise generated test cases in the data-driven Gherkin examples format for use in scenario outlines in your Gherkin, BDD automated tests.
This was a recent regression.
This message didn't match the web plan scorecard and the web plan scorecard was correct.
Thanks to new intern Scott for this, his first bug fix of the summer!
It's true the requirement is still duplicated, but the second warning is difficult to understand since all you doing is changing the name or expected result.
A classic pairwise defect, only happened when there was both special characters in the tooltip and a tooltip long enough note for truncation. Either case on its own worked with no problem.
If a mixed-strength test case generation was requested with the re-apply button and an insufficient number of parameters were selected for the highest selected strength (3 for 3-way or 4 for 4-way, etc.) then the error message was missing and instead there was a blank panel.
This was a regression that started when we added the enhanced, searchable and sortable test case table.
Thanks to Ryan for reporting this bug via chat.
This was a 3-way defect: you had to have auto-scripts in your test plan, have a less than
< character in your requirement name, and be exporting to Excel.
Thanks to Pam for reporting the issue!
The tooltips that explain "purple italics" are now also in the test case table on the Auto-Scripts page.
This was a classic pairwise defect that is only triggered for the pairing of multi-strength and > 500 test cases.
Very long parameter names and values are now truncated (with a tooltip to see the whole value) to save space when displaying generated test cases.
There was a defect where the save action would remain disabled after getting a warning about duplicating a parameter name when editing in the mind map view.
Special characters that are reserved in XML would cause rendering issues in the SVG mind map display (a classic type of pair-wise data variation defect). They no longer do.
Inserting parameters into the export fields with the keyboard was not working. Now it's fixed.
If you've generated more than 500 test cases (that's a lot of test cases!) you can once again see them all by exporting.
We decided it makes more sense to show all requirements as frozen after freezing test cases rather than leaving existing requirements as unfrozen, since existing requirements are usually modified during freezing.
You could always have a : in your parameter name in single parameter edits, but it wasn't possible to add or edit parameters with colons in bulk edit since the colon character delimits the boundary between the parameter name and parameter values. Now you can escape an colon in a parameter name with : in bulk edit. Example:
Fruit: Apple, Pear, Banana
IP\:Address: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
Car: Datsun, Yugo
Thanks to Eva for requesting this enhancement.
The achievement of using an expected result can now come from using an expected result on a requirement instead of just an expected result in auto-scripts.